Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Memories of the Beach

We used to go to Myrtle Beach, SC when I was a kid. I have such wonderful memories of being there…going to the little hut on the main drag that was Krispy Kreme, Oliver's for fresh seafood and hush puppies, the old amusement park, walking the beach looking for shark teeth, the smell of the salt air, riding the waves. I'd love to go there again sometime as it's been many years since my last trip. I'm sure it has changed dramatically.

When I started working on this little piece, all I could see were greens and blues - the colors of the beach and summer to me. So, here's "Day at the Beach."

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ValerieLorimer?ref=si_shop

1 comment:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey there Valerie, Oh how I love this pattern and design. The colors are so wonderful and remind me that I really need to take a day and go to the beach! This is wonderful. Hope that all is well with you. Have a wonderful weekend.
V